Pollinator Powerpack Pride (#3)
Plant 1: Veronica 'White'
- Veronica, also referred to as Speedwell, is a neat and tidy plant with glossy foliage. It fills in without overpowering and has long-lasting color.
- Prefers evenly moist soil with good winter drainage. Can be divided every 3 years in spring or fall. To keep tidy plants, shear back by 1/2 after flowering. If not cut back in summer, prune down to basal growth in late autumn.
Plant 2: Coreopsis ‘Zagreb’
- Coreopsis spread slowly but surely and can be used in a naturalized planting on a sunny bank or in the traditional border.
- Prefers a nice sunny, well drained spot. Very easy to grow. Remove the top one-third of plant with hedge shears after flowering to freshen foliage, if needed. Spreads reliably, so division every 2-3 years may be needed to restrain girth, but only if desired.
Plant 3: Monarda 'Blue Moon'
- Monarda, also referred to as Bee Balm, are loved by Bees, Butterflies and Hummingbirds. It has both fragrant foliage and colorful flowers. When crushed, the foliage will release a spicy fragrance and the leaves can be used to make tea.
- Easy to grow. Divide spring or fall every 3-4 years. Thinning stems out to increase air circulation will further help prevent powdery mildew, as will keeping plants watered during dry spells. Foliage can be cut back after flowering to encourage fresh new leaves and possible late fall rebloom.